Wednesday, May 25, 2005

would you please just get back to me?

For quite some time I've been trying to arrange for a part-time media-ish internship for the summer at a nameless organization because I must be careful not to google tag or get google tagged or whatever under any circumstances.

The reason it has taken so long to organize is that the individual who received my information has taken for-fucking-ever to get back to me, or even respond to my information. I mean, granted, I understand you're a big impressive individual, but your boss got back to me rather quickly and I didn't end up having to chase said individual down.

I was asking Shortie, who has to deal with all of the applications for her said organization, how I should word a follow-up email that the person hadn't responded to yet. It was pretty damn funny, and I didn't post it because I didn't want to jinx it. Which is why I've been rather mum about the whole deal.

This is no longer a problem, YAY!, and so without further ado, Shortie's response to my query.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From: Shortie [mailto:shortie@whoreallycareswhere.org]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 3:52 PM
To: 'Karen'

Subject: replace the caps with better wording

Dear DELIQUENT BITCH,
Last week, I was in contact with YOUR MUCH MORE COMPETANT BOSS in regards to a potential summer internship at YOUR WAY TOO COOL ORGANIZATION.
Since YOUR MUCH COOLER THAN YOU BOSS said that she would pass my contact information on to you, and blah blah balh...

Thank you,
'Karen'

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha...and congrats, of course.

now that i've got you all paranoid about google alerts, should i out your organization in my comment?

Anonymous said...

p.s. just joking. i wouldn't do that to you.

N.B.- Dear all Percolating loyal readers, in this post and other posts, there will be no "outing" of any organizations that any of us work for. like i really need all my co-workers to get a google alert and find my e-mail response to KEG's query.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!

Shortie's awesome.
So did you get the internship?

Holy lots of posts batman!

Ok, and ignorant girl asks...
What's a google alert?!!!!

Anonymous said...

also, what kinda of an organization is:
whore ally cares where?

okay, no more comments from me.

Anonymous said...

a google alert is either your best friend or your worse enemy. you set it so that when a term such as your name or organization or something like "theatre swordfights" registers in the google search engine, a little alert email is sent to you and you can see what is being said about it. i've got one on my name, which is cool. but my boss also has one on his name, which is how he discovered my blog. not cool. luckily, i was just posting a copy of an interview with him...

pmf- how come you never post anymore? or are they just secret posts which we can't see?

karen said...

hahaha. way to specialize it particularly to pmf...'theatre swordfights.' hee.
and i'm just checking...but it's not 'whore' it was supposed to be, 'who really cares.'
clearly you're not a whore...well, not clearly. and now i'm wondering if you would ever set a google alert for whore.

Anonymous said...

kar- i don't think percolating would the first site to pop up if you googled "whore"- although i'm not about to find out at work.

p.s. pmf- you're awesome too!