Thursday, May 12, 2005

the PERFECT way to procrastinate

Okay. So I've heard about all the awesome things that the new Google maps can do. Seriously.

I was reading sfist today and they were talking about how people are fusing technologies together for putting personal pictures up with addresses for flickr and other cool stuff. Plus there was this guy who fused maps with craigslist apartment listings together which is pretty much an awesome way to look for an apartment in the city you live in.

For some reason I was inspired to just look at the maps and play with the cool satellite thing. After a few kinks...you should really look in map mode first, because sometimes putting an address in is a little tricky, and it's kind of fun to look around, click to satellite.

It's the MOST addictive thing ever. I started putting in my childhood addresses. My middle school. My current apartment. Which is funny because part of it is blurred because it shows a governmental thing...trying to not be specific about where I live here people.

Or my college, which I believe is because of the nuclear plant, or whatever that plant was up the river. But doesn't it look just lovely! Right.

So. Much. Fun.

Do it.

Try it out. Hours of endless fun!

No comments: