Thursday, May 26, 2005

obsessed with cashews.

Okay, so I guess it's Mrs. Bridezilla now. And because she's no longer a Bridezilla and her sister and his sister combined were worse than anything she could possibly be because they are both Type A's to the pointy T, she's just going to be Mrs. now. Which still scares me. And as an editing note, I'm too hung-over today to write about the wedding yet. Plus, I think there are still scars.

Anyway. Mrs.' husband's sister, Hair, who I drove up with to the wedding, and is a card carrying Republican, Brr..., is Type A to the T. Clearly. As I mentioned. Anyway, when Mrs. and H. were in town for their engagement party, along with parents we went out to dinner the evening before the party. We had drinks at Hair's apartment with appetizers that she had prepared. Hair told me once that she wanted to be Martha Stewart. I mean obsessed with cooking and perfection in general. Anyway, she had made edamame hummus which was awesome, and she had also made these Rosemary Cashews. Or Thyme. Or another herb that I can't think of the name of. Anyway, she also puts in cumin or something that makes it spicy. I know it starts with a c. Wow. This is really turning into the best post ever. I'm so succinct. Anyway.

I love cashews anyway. They're my favourite nut. They're AWESOME. Though macadamians are a close second. But these cashews are like crack. I mean they're fucking amazing.

So Hair and her mother had a hospitality suite at the hotel, or the Express should I say for the wedding. She had made cookies, brownies and these ooey gooey cookies and they bought beer and other food and drinks. When the other bridesmaid who wasn't a freak, because really it was just the two of us, went there the first night we discovered that she had made the awesome cashews and had them sitting there. It was after the party after the rehearsal dinner so we were all pretty buzzed slash potentially borderline drunk.

I just happened to be sitting right in front of the bowl. I just also happened to eat like half the bowl of cashews. I couldn't stop. Seriously. They're amazing.

I'm now ridiculously craving these cashews with my hang-over. I don't know why, but they sound like they would be amazing right now and would totally help me recover. Sigh.

Oh, and not only are cashews like the fattiest nut, but I know that she like fries them in oil or something for the recipe, which must make the doubly horrible for your arteries. And also what probably makes them taste like heaven.

Update on Cute Intern: Intern? Still young. But he will now be referred to as Hot Intern, because after staring at him during the staff meeting yesterday I realized he's Hot. And as CHC pointed out during the staff meeting by noting it on her pad, beefy. And he's hot despite the fact that he's attending the rival college to my college. He's hot enough to be forgiven.

No comments: