Wednesday, May 25, 2005

why can't i ever find it?

I'm a big fan of the show Everwood, and then I guess the general response would then be, "What show aren't you a fan of?" And there are many my friends. Many. It might not seem like it. One that would earn me an incredulous glance is "Lost." I'm sure it's awesome. I've just never become invested in it. And it's not one of those ones that you really can just right in at this point.

I digress.

Everwood consistently can make me cry, which is a good thing since most people say I don't have a heart because I don't really cry during shows or other things that would make people cry. Except when sometimes I'm a little emotional and a car advert can get me choked up. Anyway! Everwood is solid crying material.

During the season finale on Monday, the teariest moment had Natalie Merchant's song "Beloved Wife" playing in the background, just oomphing the tear moment. It also was one of those things where you hear a song you haven't heard in ages and you're all, 'ooooh, good song. Totally forgot about that.'

I've my Natalie Merchant CD for ages, and so last night as I was falling asleep I wanted to listen to the CD. Especially since the song was stuck in my head, but also for the entire CD. I seriously did forget how much I love Natalie Merchant.

So clearly it wasn't where it was supposed to be. I spent like 15 minutes looking for it until I gave up and played a Ben Harper CD. I also forgot how much I liked him. Anyway. It always happens that when I want to find something that I can't.

Usually I will be able to find it, and most annoyingly, usually where I had already looked. It happens all the time.

I have a bad feeling though that someone has my Natalie Merchant CD, and I've lost it.

I'm mourning for a CD now that I haven't listened to in over a year.

No comments: