Tuesday, May 03, 2005

going back over to the dark side.

For reasons unknown, I used to have a massive celebrity crush on Chad Michael Murray. Sigh. I know.

Then about two years ago these rumours started that he was dating Hilary Duff, which totally fucking squicky because he was 20 and she was 15 at the time. I guess comparatively that her current boyfriend is 25 and she's still underage it doesn't really fucking matter, but at the time I was pretty much at my peak in antipathy for the Duff. I still dislike her, but it doesn't physically bother me anymore. I think that could be because I really don't watch the Disney channel anymore and yeah...we're moving right along.

After the rumours did break, and granted I partly believed them, and even if they weren't true, it seemed they were awfully chummy and I'm pretty sure he called her intelligent in one interview, which, just, no. Now this didn't change the fact that I thought CMM was smouldering hot. Wouldn't you know it? The WB gave him his own show, AND from the promos it actually looked intersting. And? Proven at this point that he wasn't dating the Duff. I would also like to point out that my crush on the pretty CMM began before most of America under 13 suddenly took notice.

So...I started watching this show on the WB. It actually was pretty good. And? Amazingly enough it was being recapped for TWoP, which was even fucking better. His acting, now that he was getting more time, proved that it really wasn't that good, but overall the show was pretty solid. Plus, some pretty good music. More indie than say Howie Day on Summerland.

OTH broke for a hiatus with this awesome cliffhanger episode. Somehow when the show came back it was pretty much crap. I was still having C tape it, but I was fast-forwarding for the most part. Fast-forward to this fall, and I just wasn't watching. I read those little synopsis things on the website, but even TWoP dropped it as a show. I read the forums there though and people generally discussed how it was crap. My CFO kept on asking if I was watching, but I wasn't because I was watching Veronica Mars. Which I can say is the best new show of the season, and I don't even care what genre you are talking about. It's fucking brilliant, and the acting is out of this world too. Watch it. It was barely picked up by UPN, and yes, I know, UPN, but it's smart it's got jaw-dropping moments...I can't say enough.

I'm not sure what happened, I think my CFO heckled me enough, and Veronica Mars was on this fucking long sabbatical, so I started to watch snippets of OTH. Then? There was the episode before their sabbatical, and it was one of those ones where you're like, no way! And of course there was this awesome Ryan Adams song during the montage which clinched it for me.

I feel like I need to stand up.

Hi. My name is Karen. And I'm watching One Tree Hill again. And I'm enjoying it. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to fixing your problem.

No comments: