Tuesday, May 31, 2005

somewhat anticlimactic, no?

It seems that of all of the respectable, policy-driving publications did not in fact break who Deep Throat was.

It was Vanity Fair.

That magazine that is essentially fluff and its demographics are best represented by housewives in Idaho who want to feel like they have a piece of fancy living.

Granted it's one of my favourite magazines. But. Still.

The rumours that have been surrounding who exactly Deep Throat was...and it was a member of the FBI. I'm not sure why I find this to be somewhat anti-climactic, but for some reason I do.

I think it might have to do with the fact that I wanted it to be one of those, "Oh! Holy Shit! It's him!" I had never even heard of Felt. And also? Why Vanity Fair Felt? I mean, really!

The mysticism is also gone. You know the slight let down after Christmas Day? Where it's just over? I used to have so much fun telling stories of how Mrs.' former law firm senior partner was rumoured to be Deep Throat and so he couldn't serve on any boards.

Well kids, we've learned who it is, and before he's dead.

Fabulous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was actually more suprised to find out that Diane Sawyer was on the shortlist.