Saturday, May 07, 2005

actually realizing a moment.

Now it could be the alcohol talking...CBF emailed me at work today and he was all, "Are we drinking or what?" I'll explain more some other time, but we have dates over the phone sometimes conerning drinking. I know it sounds weird, but sometimes it's the closest we can get to hanging out.

The first time was actually the summer after graduation. He was still at out our college doing a summer job and I was home and unemployed, and very unhappy living in hickville, CA. I had leftover vanilla vodka, which had JUST made an appearance onto the scene. He...well I'm not sure what he had. Other new thing on the scene? Vanilla coke.

I started by making those, and then by the end, and having run out of vanilla coke, we were actually doing shots over the phone. Countdown and everything. By the time my mom got home I was pretty much drunk. We were playing songs over the phone, read: blasting them over the phone for each other, and dancing around my living room. My mom? Less than impressed but because she's the greatest didn't actually say anything.

I digress.

As I was putting ice in my glass to then pour coffee over, so I can get halfway through this final, I suddenly was hit with the, wow, I can't believe I've been complaining about the work I have to do at the end of the semester. I should still be thankful, and I am really, that I got into my program. It's a rather selective program, and with everyone going to grad school now, I realize that I'm pretty fucking lucky that I got into my program and that I'm actually getting a master's in something. That I got into any program, and thankfully one with some sort of name attached. You're pretty much screwed nowadays if you don't have a higher degree, and wow am I thankful.

So this post is to take back everything I've bitched about lately concerning work. I really am thankful, and I should even be thankful that I do have something to bitch about. I'm getting my master's and I'm excited. Who knew I'd ever go to grad school? Not I.

Thank goodness. I love you grad school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

moments are good.
congrats on finishing up the semester...