Monday, July 11, 2005

this might be why i love london so much.

First off. There is still an apb on blueberry coffee. I've started to realize though that this may be a fruitless, no pun intended, apb.

So, you know. We move on.

I was reading my 'ists' for the day, and was excited to see there is one about Paris! Woot! And it's in French, so I can practice reading that on a daily basis. Philly was added too, as was Shangai. I was actually wondering when a Pennsylvania one was going to be added.

I digress though. Londonist had a post about the reactions to the bombings, that kind of describes why I love London and Brits, and pretty much Europeans in general. They aren't trying to sap the awful tragedy for a 7/7 event, as their '9/11' if you will, and were pretty much like, you know what? The IRA has done a better job in the past, so if you want, just buy me a beer.

I don't paraphrase really well, but it's this resolve and fuck you to being intimidated or to an emotional leeching of the awful tragedy.

I'll buy a round.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

crazy IRA people

Anonymous said...

If DD wasn't so far from the office I would say we should go there for coffee.