Sunday, July 17, 2005

blueberry update.

A regular reader of this blog would believe that I'm obsessed with blueberry coffee. They wouldn't be that off either.

I was talking with Mrs. B. on the phone the other day; expounding on the virtues and tastes of blueberry coffee. Much as I first heard of blueberry coffee from Stretch, she was skeptical. I assured her that it was indeed really tasty and she should totally try it, especially since she has tons of DD's in Atlanta.

Fast-forward a few days and she M.B. calls me at work, while she's driving her car in for a check-up. It seems that she tried the blueberry coffee at DD's and it was pretty gross. I believed the words she used were, 'sickeningly sweet' and that it was just bad coffee. I do have to say that I was momentarily shocked that she even tried it because she usually doesn't listen to what I have to say if she has a firm opinion on something, and she pretty much thought the idea was gross. I asked if it was a flavour shot, which she confirmed, and I said was most likely the root of her problem. I told her that she should head towards the closest Bruegger's Bagel and try it there because it was brewed rather than with flavour.

Rule: In any case, actual brewed flavoured coffee is better than a shot of flavour. Even at DD's, which kind of pains me to say.

So I was regaling Stretch with this story last night and she was all, maybe you could buy the coffee from Bruegger's site because it is Green Moutain Coffee. Now, Stretch knowing this must mean that she frequents it really often. Or she's just a little crazy. Or. You know. A mixture of both.

Bruegger's doesn't sell coffee off their website, but Green Mountain Coffee does. And they have the Wild Blueberry flavoured one.

I now have two bags of Blueberry Coffee en route to my apartment. Okay. They'll be en route Monday, but still. WOOOOT!!!

It might not be as good as the stuff made at Bruegger's, but it must be somewhat akin, because I know how incompetent those people were at the one in PA.

The Blueberry Crisis has seemingly been resolved. And if my coffee doesn't arrive by this weekend, which it fucking should, and if it doesn't I'll be pissed, at least I can hit DD's in the city. CBF promised that we would stop by this time. Gotta try this too sweet coffee.

No comments: