Thursday, July 21, 2005

not quite the same, but it'll do.

Last night my holy blueberry coffee finally arrived. I was ecstatic, especially since if it did not arrive yesterday I would have been pissed because of the inefficiency of the Green Mountain site and not recording my shipping change.

So of course the first thing I did was bust open one of the bags to get a whiff. And that sniff smelled fabulous! I wanted to make a cup right then and there, but restrained myself so that I could actually, you know, sleep.

I decided that I should prepare the coffeemaker though, so that all I would have to do was turn it on in the morning, because I am such an awful morning person and am always waking up later than I should.

The result was that my apartment smelled vaguely of a blueberry and coffee mixture, which was delightful, and especially delightful to wake-up to. So I amazed myself in turning on the coffee and then hitting the snooze. Pat on the back for that fortitude.

So I made an iced version of the coffee this morning, and it was rather tasty. Still strong despite the ice, it's like I naturally make sludge or something. The only thing that would have made it fabulous though would be a tidge of milk. Then it would have been just like Breuggers. Well. Except for without the straw. Or the really tall glass. Or the plentiful ice that doesn't automatically melt away when you pour the coffee in.

Otherwise though? Totally the same experience.

Awesome! This is so going to come in handy when the semester begins again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm, blueberries.
mmmm, coffee

mmmm, blueberry coffee...so when are you inviting all of us over to drink blueberry coffee?

karen said...

Hmm...let's see.
You don't drink coffee until it's been sitting out for like 3 hours. So...3 hours after the next time I make coffee?

Anonymous said...

1) make coffee
2) drink beer for 3 hours
3) drink coffee
4) stay up late
5) watch Reno911 all night

karen said...

see. that sounds like it would be a good plan.
we'll have to pick a weekend.
Gotta love the Reno 911! on TiVo.

Anonymous said...

karen, you had better stock up - that stuff's only a seasonal flavour!!!

Anonymous said...

karen's gonna be like a blueberry coffee junkie. in the winters, she'll be sitting on the floor in a corner of her apartment shaking and muttering: "muuusst ha-ha-have bluueeberry cofffeeee, muuuust ha..."

we'll have to do an intervention.