Wednesday, February 22, 2006

wine bar, attempt #2.

There is this awesome, awesome, awesome wine bar that I love to go to that is essentially in my neighbourhood. Pretty much discovered it when Stretch was still living in the city and went as often as possible. Which? Not so frequent.

There are some minuses in the column for the wine bar.

A tidge pricey. But come on (Sorry. I've been watching quite of a bit of Arrested Development lately. Love me some GOB, even though I seem to be the only one). It's a wine bar. You're going to be paying more than the local honky tonk.

It's difficult to access for those that don't live in my neighbourhood.

Closes at midnight.

So...hard to convince people to come 'all the way' to my neighbourhood to go to. Plus? I think Stretch is one of the few who loves it as much as I do.

Let's pass past the negatives.

Positives?

Awesome ambiance. Awesome music. Awesome waitstaff (really it's just the same dude. I feel bad for him. Like, try and get a new job buddy!). Awesome drink menu.

And the total plus? Whenever people do venture there, we have always had an awesome time. Just ask PMF.

Anyway.

Since CBF's visits are always so brief, there is never the opportunity to swing by because it's not really the place you pop into before going out for the night.

Because that would be expensive.

Anyway, one of the things I've been really excited about is introducing CBF to the wine bar.

The game plan had been that we would go Tuesday night because we'd have a lot of time, and we wouldn't be going out out for the evening.

Plan? Failed.

We started off so well. Meal planned accordingly. Roasted garlic and baked brie for those interested. Started off with the wine. 2 bottles of red for those interested.

It kind of went south when we were talking, drinking, and watching American Idol and after finishing the two bottles decided to have a tidge of margarita.

CBF was all, I don't think I can go back to wine. I realized we were too stuffed and probably too tipsy to be making our way to the bar anyway.

So now?

We're planning on meeting there after my class tonight. Hopefully it'll happen.

Damn those addictive margaritas.

No comments: