Monday, April 25, 2005

emotion and no sleep are no good

It turns out that a lack of sleep might aid you in having a panic attack.

I pretty much had my first full on panic attack tonight, which, I'm suprised a little that it took this long. I might have had near panic attacks, but this is I think the first full on one...which I might still be in the midst of slightly.

I think it started with clearly the general stress of ending the semester and oversleeping today and finding my boss in my office as I walked in late, talking on the phone as if he owned the place. It was more than a little scary. I figured that he was there in case I came in and wanted to listen to the conference call that I was missing.

When awesome big boss man of the place was like, I'm sure this makes sense somehow...seeing as I was seated across from him, my personal big boss man was all, my phone isn't working.

Makes sense. Except potentially not because there is another whole office that he can use where two part-time people share it, and they weren't going to be coming in. He probably felt I was closest and...didn't care. Another co-worker afterwards was all, what was BBM doing in your office? I thought you quit, or you know...getting fired. I thought we were going to have to do an intervention and I went to C's office and she wasn't there either. I was like, well, thanks for watching my back, and no, I don't think I'll be getting fired.

I don't really want to go into detail of what spurned everything, but let's just say that's not really how you want to start your Monday morning.

No comments: