Thursday, February 03, 2005

living a lifestyle i can't afford

I don't know what came over me today.

I'm probably fucked, but I'm hoping that my 'annual increase' will cover my new costs.

It's stupid. I'm having to spend an enormous amount of money in the upcoming months, and who knows still about the hospital bills from the car accident.

You know how sometimes all it takes is one small thing, like a splinter in a dam and suddenly it just splits and all the fucking water just comes pouring out and flooding a small town, leaving it in ruins.

Yeah, that's my financial ruins.

I was having lunch with co-workers and one mentioned how TiVo was going to be bought out, and then Caren busts out all, oh my brother and sister-in-law are trying to sell one. Let me know if anyone would be interested. Of course, it was just Monday where I was telling CBF that I really fucking wanted one, but that it was $300. From what my bus classmate said. She mentioned it would only be $180 with a $100 rebate. So only $80.

Of course I'm infamous for never actually filling out the rebates.

Cheaper than an immediate iPod.

So of course, I'm immediately all, I'll take it!

Of course there are more hitches in the system. A TiVo needs to update new information every evening, and my other co-worker said he didn't actually know anyone with dial-up where it worked.

Clearly, along with the montly subscription I'm now going to have to update to non-dail-up.

So. I signed up for DSL with Verizon, and they give you this deal where they give you a wireless hub for free.

FREE!!!!

This means I can now finally fucking use wireless in my apartment.

As I was bouncing around the office excited about all my new purchases, another co-worker, boobies mctit, was all, did you know a person who has TiVo watches an extra 2 hours a day?

Fuck me.

I don't have an extra 2 hours a day to watch with all of my schoolwork. Oh well.

I think the worst is going to be the internet. I'm really fucked now.

She should have been all, did you know if you have wireless DSL that you'll be spending an extra 4 hours a day on the internet?

That! Would apply to me.

I'm getting wireless and TiVo bitches!!!

Awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just think- now you can talk on the phone, be on the internet and watch tv all at once. Stretch will love that!

i'm excited for you...
-AAS

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! That's AWESOME!
Now I won't feel bad about calling, cuz I'll know you can just press pause.
Of course now you'll be on all these websites..
Dude, you'll be fine money-wise. A little debt is healthy!
Congrats
-J