Sunday, July 16, 2006

cheesy often means nostalgia.

Wow, I'm actually posting again. Clearly this must mean I'm procrastinating! Though this time it has gone to extreme lengths as I've actually cleaned as well! Crazy crazy crazy!

Even crazier? I'm going to visit Mrs. B in a hotter more humid place for my summer vacation? Though in all fairness, with the impending heat wave about to linger for th upcoming week, it'll probably be less humid and cooler. Who'da thought that, huh?

So as I should currently be writing two articles for my internship and reading for class tomorrow night and starting a rough draft of my paper for this class because I will be out of town next weekend, I've naturally become sucked into the vortex that is Vh1's "I love the ___" In this case it's the 70s take 2. I don't know why I can NEVER fucking stop watching them. Clearly it has a lot to do with some of the funnier people like Michael Ian Black and Rachel Harris. Interestingly enough there was a total slut that I went to college with that shared her name, but I digress. Then of course there is the inclusion of Genevieve Gorder in this one, and if I were to have a girl crush on anyone it would be her. She seems like she'd be the coolest person to hang out with and I love the rooms she designed on Trading Spaces. I mean, is that show even still on?

Okay, fine. It is. And the only reason I know that is because I watched an episode last night in my procrastination. So instead of going out and supporting the fucking awesome Lauren Hoffman at a local bar, you know, instead of travelling like 300 miles round trip in one night to do so, I stay at home under the pretense of studying. Or reading. Or writing. Clearly watch TV instead and download a bunch of songs.

My most favourite one right now? Foreigner's "I Want to Know What Love is." I can't even describe how much I love this song, and I know 50% stems from the nostalgia factors. My dad would pretty much listen to those easy listening stations in the Bay Area when I was a kid, and you could not listen to the radio for five minutes without listening to this song. Ergo, fucking love this song. Yes, it's totally cheesy, but I love it. Plus, it totally busts out in the end. I mean if you're in your car by yourself, you are totally lying if you don't totally sing along in the end.

Saddest part of this story? The reason I was reminded of this song was because a 'funny' promo for the upcoming season for "Flava of Love" used it. Stupid commercial, despite the inronic attempt, but great song.

I'm hoping to seriously get started on something, anything, before the sun sets. I'm such a fucking procrastinator.