Tuesday, July 18, 2006

i want to marry gavin newsom!

Okay, so I mentioned this to a co-worker over lunch today and she was all, "Who?" and I was all, "Really? The Mayor of San Francisco!!"

Not only is Gavin Newsom available, (sorry about the divorce) but he's smokin' hot (okay, I'm a smidge ashamed I just used such an outdated and lame phrase), seemingly an awesome and laid-back person, the Mayor of one of the best cities in the world (and I'm not just saying that because I was born there), but he's also a Democrat who has done much for the LGBT rights movement and sticks to his guns.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine (I mean, really, what other magazine, right?) he spoke frankly about the gay marriage issue and most of the pussy-footing Democrats who refuse to stick by their beliefs for fear of their voting demographic.

As a taste of the interview:

Newsom had strong words for his fellow Democrats: Stop lying to the American people. Newsom claims, based on first hand knowledge, that the “vast majority” of congressional Dems favor gay marriage, but they lack the “moral courage” to say so.

The entire Q & A is here. It's a necessary read, and Gavin Newsom should be celebrated for his courage, and of course, let's not forget his hotness!

Seriously. I want to marry this man.

Oh, and just in case anyone is interested, my cheesy feel good song of the moment in an attempt to power me through my work is "Always" by Erasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » »