Wednesday, March 15, 2006

so maybe ilene misheard me?

I said the show was probably dead to me. Not Dana.

It seems even the New York Times weighed in on the death of main characters in television shows.

The L word is pretty much dead to me. Except for the fact that I keep on recording it, and want to know what happens in each episode - just in case it reclaims the brilliance of season 1.

I think this is what it is like being in a relationship with an addict or where a loved person is an abuser. You keep on waiting for that person to get better because you remember how awesome that person once was. How you loved them. How funny they were. How entertaining and you see in that shell of a person the original person they were. Except unfortunately they're not.

Except this time? The virus is a creative team being led by Fucking Ilene Chaiken! (yup, that's her full name) and Fucking ezgirl! (I don't even really blame the rest of Betty anymore, but if thy're indeed feeling left out, Fuck You Betty! You too might be in a co-dependent relationship where you allow that untalented, delusional Elizabeth Ziff to run your creative products...I don't give a fuck if you made your start in DC. You all fucking suck).

So, you know, Dana was killed last night. I had known this would happen from the beginning, and I was pissed, but I was even more pissed that Erin Daniels supposedly wanted out. I thought, 'twat.' Granted, the show was going downhill, but the rumours were that she wanted out. She didn't like playing a lesbian anymore. She wanted more money. She was tired of the show. Blah dee fucking blah.

Fucking Ilene Chaiken killed off the funniest character. Well. She was during season one - and a good part during season two. Granted it would piss me off that Erin Daniels couldn't finish a match much less a set because she became too fucking skinny. But? Understandable.

Fucking Ilene Chaiken fucking fired Erin Daniels. Poor Erin Daniels. It was probably because she was the straightest cast member who was 'unknown' before starting the show.

Perhaps what makes killing off a main character is that it was done so poorly. I didn't cry. And despite the fact that a few short years ago it took an animal psychic talking to a dead animal to make me cry, lately it's been the opposite. The change coming early? Who the hell knows - but shit pulls at the heart strings easily now.

I had nothing - and from what I've read elsewhere, I'm not the only one.

Most are ranting about how they hated the storyline, they hate Ilene Chaiken, and the producers. Which? Yes. And not just for the Dana storyline. I understand wanting to address breast cancer. It's an absolutely important issue. I hate them for making my once favourite show unrecognizable. A shell of its former self. For taking something brilliant and making it perhaps one of the worst shows on television.

Just because you like to have your shit rile everyone up Fucking Ilene Chaiken doesn't mean it doesn't stink.

You. And your fucking team. Fucking Suck. You're proving nothing creatively. Gah. Too much anger right now.

No comments: