Friday, March 17, 2006

my new musical obsession.

I have to say that I often will find songs and become obsessed with them through television programs. I'm not talking about the broad, let me attempt as a music supervisor to draw you in by using a current hit, but the songs where the artist is unsigned and you're watching the scene and you're all, "woah. This is an awesome song. Who sings this?" To the point of distraction.

Often I'm assuming this isn't what a music supervisor is going for, but, you know. I take what I can. From the beginning I've found the music on the OC to be awesome, and from a rocky second season to a slightly better third, the music selection quality is essentially the only thing to remain consistent.

Another solid performer is Grey's Anatomy. Interesting tidbit? Same music supervisor. Alexandra Pat...(long Polish or something or rather than I just can't be fucked to google the spelling of right now).

On a show, that I will not even admit under duress to being totally geeked out about loving featured this song in the season finale that I immediately noticed when I was watching the season finale. That I downloaded off of iTunes. Yeah. So, recently I was able to watch the premiere, because the channel is repeating the season and I noticed the song was used again, so I decided to try and track down this little awesome song from iTunes.

Foolish, foolish was I. Firstly, it took some time. Secondly, the artist is unsigned, so she only has her myspace page, and I guess a website. You can download her stuff from iTunes Europe but not locally. Curses!

So I started listening to all of her songs on her myspace jukebox. Again, curses! that you can't download them. The craziest thing though is that as much as I love her song from the unamed show, her song "Broken" is even more awesome. So after listening to it multiple times, I decided, hey, I'll buy her CD from CDBaby. Especially since Killer is constantly harassing me about how important it is to support indie artists. This was her explanation for buring SOME Ray LaMontagne but not the entire album.

So I splurged, and really? The CD is only 10 bucks, and shipping is less than 3. Steal. Especially since I like all of her songs, but at the moment, the musical obsession is "Broken" by Lauren Hoffman.

As a side note, I'm going to be pissed if much music or whatever has her stuff because I have 100 free songs for switching to DirecTV, and totally didn't think of this fact until now...

Oh well. I suggest you check out her myspace website to listen to her stuff, and then her personal website. Perk alert! She's from the local DC area!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo, what's this unnamed show you won't tell us about?