Monday, March 27, 2006

cover me cobra

It's still too early to talk about the suckitude that the L word has become. I need to organize my rant, and currently I'm just tidge, scratch that, totally fucked. Again, I think I have a very strong genetic disposition for self-destruction. I mean, who needs enemies with just my own damnable behaviour?

I digress.

I'm a bitch for the 80s - mostly the good old music. I love it. Big hair bands. Ballads. Iconic songs with my favourite Brat Pack. Fucking love it all. I have to say I'm especially a sucker for those 80s love songs that were so fucking brilliant.

I believe I might hold them in higher regard due to the nostalgia attached to them, but again, I digress.

Last night, when I was supposed to be doing my work - catching up, or you know actually just fucking getting to it - I decided to play catch-up with The OC. Here's another show that was brilliant in it's first season and since then has never had the same glory. BUT! I do have to say that they are out of their second season slump - there have been some rather enjoyable episodes this season, more so than last - and most importantly Josh Schwartz gives a fuck what his audience wants. He's seemingly trying to give people a good storyline that they will enjoy. He's not giving them the big old bird all season because he can. Fuck you Ilene. I guess I had to get that out.

A big props for The OC is that, as I've mentioned before, their music is solid. So in an episode from two weeks ago they had a Foreigner cover band, that was supposed to be a Journey cover band, all of which doesn't matter except for the fact that they had a band covering "Waiting for a Girl Like You." A song I did indeed love in the day, and the cover is brilliant.

I believe this is the second cover I've posted. Fine, I know this is the second cover I've posted. Granted it's not too different, but I loved it enough that I bought it last night from iTunes and have been listening to it ever since. Kind of makes me feel better as I feel like I'm pissing my future down the drain by not doing the work I should.

Anyway, you can buy the song here. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dudeeeeeeeeee did you hear their cover of So Long, Marianne?? Ugh ugh ugh. So bad.

karen said...

So sometimes people can suck - but I still think their cover of "Waiting" is pretty much awesome.