Monday, June 20, 2005

is sharing really that bad?

So I've been trying to put a password to my wireless, because I figure if I'm paying premium and essentially something that I can't afford, others shouldn't reap the benefits.

The other week I noticed that I had another iTunes user on my iTunes. I was curious so I looked at the songs and realized that said user went to my college. Which.

Kind of creepy.

That makes 3 alums from college, including me, living in the building at the moment. If she hadn't just graduated and had been living here last year, there would have been 5 of us. Which.

Small world.

After asking my fellow tech guy at work if seeing her pop up on my iTunes meant she was using my wireless, AND slowing it down. He confirmed my suspicions and I figured if everyone else in the building has it password protected, so should I.

I've been unsuccessful as of yet.

Okay. So I haven't actually called Verizon's customer service yet, and I only tried to figure it out for 10 minutes. But really. It should be easier than that.

So the first perusal of fellow alum, showed cheesy music including 98 degrees and of course our college a cappella groups. Upon closer perusal (I guess it counts as procrastination from preparing for the internship tomorrow. I really am a master) I realized that mixed with some atrocious songs (Hanson? Les Mis Soundtrack? Jessica Simpson? Really???) there are some serious jems. Especially some songs that I've been thinking about buying. Sweet!

There is a silver lining to her using my free wireless for the moment. Though she best get ready for when I organize myself and actually put a password in.

No comments: