Thursday, June 16, 2005

another reason to miss living in l.a.

Okay.

So never actually in the city, but close enough that I could drive there, plus the surrounding cities. I miss Southern Cali, and, well, Northern as well.

I believe these moments are because it's now been over a year since I was last home. I may perhaps need to experience the smog and the non-cities [People walking? People don't walk!] to appreciate the East Coast again. I mean I couldn't get the fuck out of dodge quick enough after graduation, and I went to college on the East Coast because I wanted to have a more Euro feel.

One of the best shows ever! is back. Reno 911!, and that's not a gratuitous exclamation mark if you're unfamiliar with the show. I'm a huge fan of largely ad-libbed albeit situation scripted entertainment. All of the Christopher Guest movies are fucking hilarious, though "Best in Show" will forever remain in my heart. When I had Netflix one summer, I took "Best in Show" from Berkeley where I was spending the summer, to home for a few days, to college.

And then I had it for another two months. Thank god for no late fees. You would think just having to drop if off in a post-office box wouldn't be that difficult.

These are other issues.

Anyway, Reno 911! is one of the best comedies on television hands down. I will laugh out loud without fail during each episode, and sometimes I need to pause the TiVo so I don't miss anything. These people are brilliant, and I especially love to watch them try and not lose their shit when I'm re-watching. I don't know how they keep straight faces because each shot is a new version of a line.

Yes. I'm gushing, and probably a fangirl. But it's quality television during a period of time where funny watching is difficult to find.

I would love to meet the cast and would even buy the DVD to do so. Yesterday there was such an event, where the first 50 people got hats, and the first 150 got free t-shirts. Plus, everyone was able to have their DVDs signed. This means the actual funny people right there in person.

Where was it you might ask?

Virgin Megastore in LA.

Dammit.

Song of the Day? "Wavy Gravy" by the always brilliant Sasha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

about fucking time there was a new post...hello from paris by the way. see you next week.

karen said...

You officially suck.

And are officially obnoxious.

Anonymous said...

yeah, i do. sorry about the suckiness. it had been a long and stressful night. not really an excuse to be a bitch though.

how's it going?