Friday, June 23, 2006

deep dark confession time.

I have become totally, inappropriately obsessed with another show.

I'm not sure if it's because it's summer time and all my favourite shows are on repeat or just not fucking on right now.

Or if it's because repeats of the show - that I have yet to see - are on repeat, like, all. the. time.

Or, perhaps that I'm another network's bitch. Goodbye Showtime! Hello The n.

I'm a little ashamed. Scratch that, I'm a little embarassed. I mean it is a channel targeted at teens, but I actually don't give a fuck right now. It's home to like my favourite shows right now. South of Nowhere? Check! Summerland repeats? Check! (Though I do have to say that I don't enjoy re-watching them as much as I thought. I'm not even fauxvo-ing them). Most importantly right now? Degrassi: The Next Generation? Check! Check! Check!

I don't even know how it happened. I know I started watching The n for South of Nowhere (hottest guy on TV hands down - plus fun storyline. You can't go wrong), and then there were these other guilty pleasures, and it was a small Degrassi episode here when you're hung over and using the remote from the bed and don't have the energy to angle the remote just right - hello studio life! - and another procrastinating episode there, and a cute gay boy character and BAM! I'm sucked right in.

I mean obsessed. Oh and don't forget to add in the peppiest theme song like ever! and you have the greatest guilty pleasure fo the summer. I mean I fucking heart Canadians right now. Thank you for providing me with this entertainmnet.

Granted, with my job job, school work, internship I don't necessarily have the time - but I'm LOVING it! This might have to do with the fact that I don't have the time to be watching it, so it's a little like stealing out of the cookie jar - but seriously? A high school show that deals with among other things: abortion, gay bashing, awful hair cuts and fashions, school shootings, bullying, eating disorders, inter-affairs, mental disorders, cutting...you can imagine it's pretty fucking awesome. Thanks Canucks!

Loving a high school show this much is really my deep dark secret for the summer. It's fucking good stuff though. As Killer said, "Good thing you can't download this on iTunes!"

Damn straight. I'm poor enough as it is. It is next Friday yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»