Wednesday, April 19, 2006

new obsessions are expensive.

iTunes is essentially the work of the devil. Especially when they seem to expand upon their library introducing awesome music that you had searched for before, but then couldn't find. Especially when you can't find them on Amazon or on half.com for cheaper than 20 bucks because they're an import CD.

Plus? They totally know what they're doing with their whole just click 'buy' and don't you worry about actually adding in your credit card information so you can change your mind.

Killing me. Financially, of course. Because in reality? I totally fucking love the expanding library they have that isn't just whatever 'Joe I'm Playing it On the Radio and VH1 and it's going to be a hit dammit' is pimping for the week. I especially love it when their free songs of the week are music I've been thinking about getting, or an artist I love.

I digress. This morning on the way to work my iPod tripped upon a song I hadn't heard in a few months, reminding me how much I did indeed love the song. Like, listening to it on repeat, but I couldn't find the album on iTunes or on Amazon, and I didn't love it enough to purchase from one of the Amazon stores abroad. So I decided to check again today and they don't have the newest album by the group, or the the entire one, so you have to buy per song, but now I want to buy the album.

In a fucking fierce kind of way.

Must. Hold. Back. Especially since I haven't checked my bank account because of fear lately.

New obsessions can sometimes be painful.

No comments: