Monday, September 12, 2005

crappy mondays.

It seems the general feeling of Mondays this week is a resounding: crappy.

CBF left me a message about how today was one of those day's where you want to quit your job and then kill yourself. Which? I can totally understand. He sounded exhausted and I believe sleeping or too tired to talk when I called.

Stretch called and left a long message on my answering machine while I was out with the kids in my program to the point where she was cut off from the machine. Something I'm familiar with, but that's because I can never shut the fuck up when I'm leaving a message.

Stretch's day? Long and crappy. Including an unfortunate incidence of a fender bender.

On a new car.

Crappy.

In high school, and well, it started when I was in middle and elementary school, I always loved "Garfield." Couldn't get enough of the cartoon and as a youngster (before 3rd grade. Trust me on this) I had a night t-shirt with Garfield and my horoscope on it. Or at least what my sign supposedly represented. I digress.

One thing I really came to appreciate in high school was Garfield's constant hatred of Mondays. I hated going to school again on Mondays. Wishing it was the weekend already.

It's weird. I haven't really had that strong of a reaction to Monday's in quite some time, but right now, all I want to do is go back to sleep and wake up and have it be Tuesday.

Maybe it's time to embrace the inner Garfield, and maybe it was just a really bad Monday for a lot of people out there.

No comments: