Friday, August 12, 2005

where everybody knows your name.

So who doesn't wish that they had a bar where you were considered a regular and got free drinks.

That has always sort of been my wish. I think it's the free drinks part that I would really love. Plus? Totally cool with the wait staff. I think the closest that this has ever happened since moving to DC is Nanny O'Brian's, and even then, it's only when I'm with Killer because she knows them. Plus? Cute bartender.

Note to self (and Killer) it's time to hit Nanny's again. Must see if CBC is still working there.

What I think is truly sad is that the front desk chick at my tanning salon doesn't ask for my name anymore when I go in.

So I haven't achieved that name thing yet with a bar, but I have with a tanning salon.

What is wrong with me?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your priorities are all wrong...see we need to find a good neighborhood bar that has a nice patio (NOT kitty o'shea's) or rooftop, so we can get a free tan and a free drink all at once!

karen said...

you know, i kind of really like kitty o'shea's for some reason.
i bet you it'll become popular soon enough!

Anonymous said...

have we not had a conversation about your "problem"? if you come to the office orange, i will so make fun of you.

Anonymous said...

aside from the waitress who didn't notice that my pint glass had broken and beer had spilled all over the table ("i'll be right with you to take away your plates"), i like kitty's too...

...it's just too damn far to make your regular haunt.

if karen comes into the office orange, it's cuz she's eating too many carrots (:

karen said...

kitty's is too damn far.

i have no idea though why i have such an affinity for the place. seriously.
like i almost wanted to stop off there when we were on our way to iota the other day.

Anonymous said...

we have great tanning salons in new york....
and i've gotten free drinks twice already...

(once for having to wait too long for a table, and once cuz these guys wanted the couch we were on, so we moved and they paid)

so, um, hint hint!! i miss you!