Wednesday, July 30, 2008

a lion made me cry.

I repeat.

A lion made me cry.

I have always always always been a soft touch for animals. I mean excessively so. To the point that my roommates freshman year out of college (did anyone else call it that? You know where you're out essentially every night? I think I might be doing that again but just New York style.) used to joke that I didn't have a heart as it took quite a bit for me to cry. You know where we would all be hanging out watching TV and they would all be crying and I would be laughing. Or cackling often. Don't get me wrong - there are certain things that will always make me cry: the eding of Titanic if I've watched it start to finish where the old broad dies/sees Jack and everyone else welcoming her back (no fucking clue why); pretty much any Season 1 episode of "Everwood"; "The Notebook" - again if I've watched it the whole way through...and stuff I can't think of right now. What sets me apart though is that there was the show that year called "The Pet Psychic."

I adored "The Pet Psychic," much to my roomies chagrin. The worst part though was that the psychic would have a segment each episode where she would talk to owners of dead pets where she would be the medium between the people and their dead pets. Each. Fucking. Episode I would cry. I can't really explain it. Animals make me cry each time. I was recently watching "I am Legend" on a flight (didn't suck as much as I thought it would) and the saddest part was that the dog died. I'm always more concerned about the animals in those doomsday movies than the owners.

I'm kind of an animal person - if you haven't been able to pick that up.

Anyway, I do have to admit that I am kind of bogarting this video. I was reading the fashion blog of one of my jounos (it is kind of an addictive read - she's really pretty funny & witty) and she posted it with the funny title of...well, nevermind, I'm a touch too paranoid about connecting the dots and somehow pissing someone off or getting fired.

Anyway - I watched it twice in a row and teared up each time. It is the most touching thing I have seen in weeks. And I like my journo - totally want a tiger now. And who knew they give the best hugs ever?

Also? I promise that this will be the cheesiest/schmaltziest I get for awhile yet.



Oh - and I'm going on a possible date tomorrow night with a co-worker. I just don't know if it's a date or not. I'm completely and utterly flummoxed.

No comments: