Thursday, May 10, 2007

ipod roulette.

I know. No. I know. Gone so long, and I'm just playing a game I've already played? I know.

I figure it might get me back on my writing schedule - must practice if I'm going to try and supplement the measly income with freelancing.

Also? I kinda wish I had a blog I wouldn't be embarrassed when job listings ask for blog writing experience. Start a whole new blog perhaps? That'd be way too much effort - and probably really boring. Not that this blog is a gripping, laugh-a-minute read, but I digress.

Onwards to assured embarrassment. Everyone has their dirty little music collection they would never admit to, right?

1) Deborah Cox - Play Your Part [Gabriel & Dresden Modjolation Vocal Remix}
Um...great start to proving I'm a semi-retired clubber and fag hag? And the semi-retired in no way refers to the latter.

2) Red Hot Chili Peppers - My Friends
Solid. Not my favourite of the Chili Peppers - still a great song.

3) Adam Merrin - Still Alright
Not much to say. I just added the song to the collection - it's probably embarrassing that I totally downloaded it because it was on a TV show. But still - Indie!

4) Glenn Miller Orchestra - Moonlight Serenade
Fine. It was bound to happen sometime. It could be worse. Granted, I still have six songs to go - but this is rather embarrassing. Even CBF didn't quite know what to say when I told him I downloaded the song. Let me just say it was purely because the song is consistently played throughout the Golden Girls series - and at some point you just buy that it is a great song. Or at least I did. I know - more solid proof of me being a fag hag.

5) Stereophonics - Dakota
Solid band. Solid song. My favourite by them is "Maybe Tomorrow" though.

6) Justin Trantner - Fear of Frailty
Not sure where I picked him up. Most likely from my compulsive MP3 blog reading - but I enjoy the downtempo - though I haven't figured out if it's a guest female singer or Justin singing. I also have to admit my iPod loves this song - especially in the morning - and it's much too quiet for that time of day so I'm always skipping.

7) Busta Rhymes - Turn it Up/Fire it Up
Don't lie. You know you loved this song circa 1998 when it came out. Personally takes me straight back to freshman year in college. I refuse to think about how old that makes me. I have also decided that any song that samples the KIT theme is solid in my book. Mundian Te Bach Ke's "Beware of the Boys" is also a solid in my book. I used to dream that I owned KIT, or would get a KIT. I can't describe how obsessed I was with the car.

8) Jennifer Lopez - Jenny from the Block
Um. I believe the less said, the better.

9) Neko Case - Hold On, Hold On
Good band. Pretty much saves me from being a complete and fucking loser - and gives me somewhat of a leg to stand on by being a bit of a self-professed 'music snob.'

Alright, fingers crossed...
10) Junior Boys - First time
Love. Love. Love the Junior Boys. I was really upset when they recently swung into town but I couldn't see them because my grandmother was here. And it was even at a location that would have been affordable. Oh well. They're totally friggen awesome though.

That was surprisingly painless considering I know I have much, much more horrid gems on my computer.

No comments: