Saturday, May 12, 2007

ding dong the witch is dead!

Yesterday, if I had ever actually learned how to do cartwheels I would have been rolling down the aisles at work.

At about 4:25 yesterday the world at work became a somewhat brighter place to be. And no, it wasn't because I had the fluorescent above my cubicle replaced. I've actually been holding out on asking them to do that. I'm a little torn because it isn't very bright, and coupled with the dark walls of the cubicle and walls, but at the same time, I believe it's safe to say everyone agrees the fewer fluorescent bulbs the better. Well, maybe not surgery rooms and whatnot, but that's a necessity. Originally I had a lamp - still a very nice desk lamp - but it doesn't give off that much light. I keep on hoping it won't be my problem for much longer. Back to the lightness though: the fucking bitch who was formerly my friend has left the building that is my office for good. Even better? She's moving 3,000 miles away for her new job. I wish her much unhappiness in her future endeavors. Well, I kind of expect that is going to happen.

She's moving to the rainiest city in the world. She has perhaps one friend in the city (damnit!), and she's never lived further west than Michigan. She's not very good with the friendly. I believe she'll kill her own happiness, and I'm happy about that.

I've discovered in the past week or so that people just don't understand how ugly she made my life at work, nor do they fully understand the mind-numbing rage.

Let me summarize. Unfortunately, you spend more time at work with people than you do with anyone else in your life. This is a depressing fact I think most people often forget. So she was constantly there, for hours a day, in this cubicle hole where we work. I had to listen to her fucking shuffle with the shoes. On the phone, talking to people around me to try and make it more noticeable we weren't talking. As a bonus, she has a completely annoying voice.

I can go on and on about the petty shit she did to me, but I won't. I've got to try and really just purge that anger and pain from my life without becoming enraged on a perhaps daily basis. Especially since I was doing so well until she did the shittiest thing to me last week. MUST. RELEASE. ANGER.

The reason why things miraculously became better at work though is because I know she will no longer be there. As long as she was in the pit area, I would feel the tension. While she would constantly walk back and forth with her fucking noisy shoes, or that feeling that I knew she was potentially spying on me, looking at what non-work related documents were up on my screen, potentially spying [totally wouldn't put it past her - and I'm sure she said stuff to my supervisor], and just feeling that weight of our mutual animosity in the air.

That negativity is now gone. I believe it will be a brand new day. Because life on the job hunt is shitty enough as it is - there is no need for exacerbation.

Good riddance you negative whore! Can't wait for karma to kick you in the ass for your asinine behavior - not to mention your fondness for sleeping with married men. Take care!

Now it's time to celebrate! And thankfully I have my trusty partner in crime to help me tonight - thanks Killer!!!

What I have to look forward to?

Bitching with Killer; Alcohol; and probably most importantly - a viewing of "The Big Lebowski."

Heal me the Dude. Heal me now!

1 comment:

JerryNJ said...

Way funny.

I don't mean to ruin it for you but, "Witchypoo" won't be the only person you ever abhorr or resent at the work place.

Consider yourself fortunate.....you're not in prison where the subject of your angst could very well be the evening's guard.

LOL.
*!*