Sunday, September 30, 2007

ipod roulette.

So, in order to complete the mission, I'm doing a bit of a free pass post.

It's iPod roulette time bitches!! Where, with no cheating we see how embarrassing or awesome my music library is.

So let's roll!

1) Playground Love (Vibrapone Version) - Air
And I'm off to a not at all embarrassing first song. I love Air. I refuse to call them 'French band Air' because they have a large enough repertoire and they make awesome enough music.

2) So Flute - St. Germain
Annnd it seems that my iPod is loving all of my French artists. And I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with? That this song was licensed for some stupid period medication of some sort. I only watch the commercial (that airs seemingly on loop on Lifetime) to hear the music.

3) Around the World Remix - Daft Punk vs. Snoop Dogg
French artists again! Seriously though, my love for Daft Punk knows no bounds. I still regret not going to their concert in high school because I had the SATs the next morning. Like seriously, it still pains me. Ironically this song was my first introduction to the group. Love, love, love it. So much so, I'll take any remix of it.

4) Falling - Jamiroquai
We're finally out of France! I used to love Jamiroquai in high school and there are still some songs I like and keep on my computer. This is one of them.

5) I'm Me, I'm Yours - Jim Noir
This song is either from "The OC" or "Grey's Anatomy," and it reminds me a little of folk music from the late 70s. It's a nice little ditty.

6) Besame Mucho (Senor Coconut's Chachacha Remix) - Cesaria Evora
This is due to my love of all lounge music, especially Latin. It's a nice remix.

7) Take me Tonight - Alexander
I guess you can't get away without being embarrassed. This is the first winner of Germany's version of "American Idol." And it is pure cheesy goodness that I love, but usually would not admit to totally loving.


8) Find My Baby - Moby
There was a period of time where Moby was licensed all over the place. You couldn't watch a movie, tv show, or commercial without hearing a Moby song. It got a little old. Now that he's somewhat off the Top 40 table, it's nice to be able to go back and appreciate his music again. He's still a solid artist.

9) BMFA - Martha Wainwright.
In case you're wondering, BMFA stands for Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole. I know, right? Fucking sweet. I really like Martha, more so than her more famous brother Rufus. And it totally pisses me off that she has to be featured in his music as opposed to headlining her own stuff. I highly recommend her work. She's got a great voice.

10) Senorita - Justin Timberlake.
Ugh. I should delete this song. I am so over Justin Timberlake's music and attitude. He's just such a douche who thinks he's God's gift to music, especially R&B. And that he's innovative, which? Your last album douche? That sound was playing in the clubs like three years beforehand, and wasn't featuring trite lyrics. Double ugh.

Love the iPod roulette. Everyone should play!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, i'll humor you.

here ya go:

1) Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
how can you not love this song? always reminds me of being wasted and singing it with the CC crew. good times.

2) Igbin Drums - Srums of the Yoruba of Nigeria
you know, i'm sure this sounds awesome live, but coming out of my little powerbook speakers, it's just not that exciting.

3) Thanks for The Boogie Ride - Erin McKeown
i saw her live once...wasn't bad...i downloaded this album off of emusic. honestly, not thrilled by it. kinda reminds me of music i could play to my grandmother.

4) Hey Jude - The Beatles
need i say more?

5) Life is A Carnival - The Band
i seriously heart the band. they always remind me of margarittas and barefoot wiffle ball. yeah, that's the life.

6) Kiss Distinctly American - Q & Not U
yeah a little DC/Discord love. kinda bummed i never caught them live.

7) Are You with Me? - Vaux
no clue whatsoever...oh, it was single of the week. that makes sense.

8) NCR - Ike Yard
from the Anti-NY Album, another emusic download.

9) Galang - M.I.A.
i had downloaded the free single of the week, and then got the whole thing off of emusic. emusic is kinda awesome.

10) Say The Word - Chuck Brown
yeah, it sucks when you are downloading while drinking and you confuse this Chuck Brown for the godfather of go-go. that's right kids, don't download drunk.

hey, all in all, that was relatively painless!

karen said...

You know, I think I have that Vaux song as well.

Isn't ipod roulette the greatest thing ever?