Monday, May 08, 2006

imdb pro gives me bad ideas.

Clearly in my obsession for all things entertainment, I will hit imdb at least once a day. I mean, ever since high school it's been one of my favourite sites, and I think that you say when it becomes both a verb and noun in everyone's vocabulary and a tool to solve childish debates between friends: "No way. I'm going to totally imdb that shit!" Then you can safely say that it's an awesome place.

Of course there isn't just imdb but IMDB Pro. A paid monthly or annual site where you can find out the extra stuff - such as stars and pretty much everyone's contact information. Clearly not like their home address but their publicist's, talent managers...pretty much anyone surrounding them as a buffer. Clearly us civilians really have no need to be paying for that information. I mean, really.

Except for an assignment I had for a class this semester where I had to do tons of calling to these people to try and secure an interview or a quote. You get a free two week period that I've clearly passed now, and I 'm not even quite sure how to quit the service.

With the extra time on my hands, scratch that, replace with my procrastination time, idle time, time I spend on imdb I start to wonder specifically which publicist might be Reese Witherspoon's or more specifically my celebrity obsession at the moment: Matt Cohen. I mean we're talking past words how fucking hot he is. Not necessarily the best actor, but it's hard to tell with some of the lines he's given, but then I saw him as a small role on The OC and it actually might be him. Any-way. I digress.

I was curious about who his contact agents were and I saw that it was a smaller firm (quelle fucking suprise on that one), and it gave me ideas. Spedifically that I could totally call his agent to request an interview for a bogus paper for this class. Not good.

IMDB pro is defiitely not giving me any good ideas.

Most importantly: not helping me get my work done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I was reading your blog about imdb and was interested and confused. I'm thinking of paying for the subsciption and was wondering if you found the information helpful. Could you actually get in touch with the publisists, etc. through the account...or was it useless.

I would love to hear back from you,
Thank you,
Desiree

Anonymous said...

Hi. I was thinking about signing up for the free trial for imdbpro. Was the information updated? I'm looking for a way to contact Ted Danson for an autograph and I'm trying to find a good address. I've already received one return to sender and I don't want to waste any more stamps. So I was just wondering if you were successful with the information provided.

Thanks,
Leo

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://avoqeron.builtfree.org/enijesa.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!